My Fitness Journey

As you know from my prior blogs (if not go ahead and read my beginning!) I had been a lazy high schooler to an Army soldier and now college student and wife. I never use to struggle with weight growing up until I joined the Army. Go figure right? Well little ol' me at five foot zero gained a good 20 pounds within my few years in the military. Yes, we did PT every day, but clearly isn't enough. I actually got chaptered from the military, honorable discharge, for being overweight. Once I got home and started college I started thinking I really need to lose this weight, not only to look good but also for my health.

Keep reading because I have a Gohan update, trust me you don't want to miss it!

And... I got super sick. I mean 5am until about dinner time throwing up. For months, usually a good three weeks non-stop. The only food I was taking in was everything after dinner time that I could stand. This went on from March 2017 until August 2017. I lost weight so fast, I went from 146 pounds to 130 in just those months. Once I stopped being sick on the daily, I started thinking that because I am at 130, I feel a little better, why not keep going. I mean, not keep getting sick, but eating better and working out. So I did!

That's when my journey started. My fitness, on and off, journey! The picture to the right is my before and after. My before I was at the 130 pounds, just worked out actually (on the right) and the left picture is two months later at 118 pounds. I was at home (because I just left the Army and fiance was deployed) in the before picture, and then during this transition, I moved to Colorado because Robert was back from being deployed. Once we got to Colorado I decided to find a job, and I did! At this point I was working out daily still, trying to gain a 6 pack, but then once I got a job I stopped. I was working long days so never had the energy. I didn't gain any weight back until Christmas 2017, just after a few months of working. From Christmas 2017 til about one month ago, April 2018, I gained all the weight back. 146 pounds again no joke.

When I realized that I was at 146 pounds again I was so disappointed because I was doing so good before. I knew I had to start working out again! Not just working out, but also eating healthy. That's what I did, I cut out carbs and started the first phase of 80 day obsession (beachbody) for a whole month. I only lost six pounds, but it was worth it. My husband and I have created amazing healthy meals, and drinks where it's normal for us now. We love eating healthy. (Which will be in my future blogs, you'll love them!) I even went from three and three sugars and creams to just almond milk in my coffee.

After that one month of working out, I continued to workout, doing a cardio beachbody workout, and I'm down to 138 pounds, but it varies. As of today, May 30, 2018, I haven't worked out in a week! I just recently got a job so I've been busy, plus we got married YESTERDAY! Don't freight though, I am starting my own 100 challenge Friday June 1st! Which if you would like to do it with me comment below. It's 100 of four different moves that will be a straight fat attacker, with weights of course! I hope sharing my journey, and failures, with you that you understand we aren't all perfect, and not all like those fitness models you see in ads. Some of us have a life, and it just gets in the way.

Gohan.

He has been very messy recently! In the picture (to the right) with two side by side, one is what his food looks like before he is hungry, and the second is him pulling out all the lettuce. Making a damn mess! It gets worse than this as the day goes by, he eats most of it and leaves scraps everywhere. The picture above this is him eating his first protein, an egg. He actually wanted nothing to do with it until Robert started to feed him by hand, then he devoured it, which you could see on Gohan's instagram @tortygohan
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed. More will come about my amazing nutritious meals and Gohan. ;)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning of my Beginning

Life Planning

Life can be funny!